Traditionally the large-format printing industry has always had two different types of printers; LED laser toner devices & inkjet printers. The reason for having two different types of printers can be discussed in length, however, one of the main reasons for this can be described with one word: COLOR.
Typically users who needed to apply color to their large-format drawings were forced to purchase an inkjet device, as LED toner systems have always traditionally been used for B&W only printing. The drawback to printing in color was and still is today, the ink costs can be expensive. In the past companies who printed both B&W and color would have to purchase an inkjet device for the color jobs and an LED toner device to do their bulk printing in B&W.
Fortunately, with the advancements in technology KIP’s engineers have found a way to incorporate color printing with LED toner devices, and now users have the availability to print color at an extremely low cost. In fact, the new KIP 800 series devices have the capability to print color drawings at a lower operating cost than our competitors are able to print in B&W. Now, let’s take a look at some of the key features of the new KIP 800 series:
- Uses dry toner making the prints lightfast and waterproof. Ink fades quickly in sunlight and will smear if any water touches the drawing.
- The KIP 800 is the only large-format system in the world that uses TRUE dry toner for COLOR prints.
- Lowest cost of operation in the industry: as low as $0.006 per sq. ft. in B&W and $0.009 per sq. ft. in color.
- Print speed: 8 D’ size (24” x 36”) prints per minute in BOTH B&W and color. The KIP 800 never slows down based on coverage.
- Configurations are available in 2-4 rolls and are able to incorporate either the KIP 720 or KIP 2300 production scanners.
- Top Stacker holds up to 50 sheets.
- Cloud connectivity allows the user to scan to and print from multiple cloud services (i.e. Dropbox, SharePoint, Box.com, etc.).
- Space savings: Users can now do all of their printing from (1) device instead of having to purchase (2) separate machines.
- 4th Generation color toner technology from KIP.
I hope this information has been helpful and educational. If you have any further questions in regards to the KIP 800 series and its capabilities, please contact Clifford-Wald – A KIP Company at 800-575-1545 or email@example.com. Thank you for reading and have a great day!